Course Dates12 October, 2019 - 02 November, 2019
Course TimesThe course will be on the following dates:
27th October - 2nd November
Day 1: 8:00 – 16:00
Day 2: 8:00 – 16:00
Day 3: 9:00 – 17:00
Day 4: 9:00 – 17:00
Day 5: 9:00 – 17:00
Day 6: 9:00 – 17:00
Day 7: 9:00 – 17:00
Day 8: 9:00 – 17:00
Day 9: 9:00 – 17:00
Please note, these times may be subject to change. We will let you know if this is the case.
- Learners must be 16 years of age on the first day of their course
- No formal entry requirements
- No prior teaching experience is needed
- Able to swim, even if it’s only a little way!
- Excited about inspiring young children to swim ‘the Becky way’
- You will need to have an enhanced DBS before the start date of the course, if you don't then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
£650.00 which includes all learning resources and registration costs
What will the course offer
This qualification provides candidates with the industry standard to work as a fully qualified swimming teacher. The course integrates Becky’s top tips in how to deliver fun and high quality lessons and ensure candidates are delivering great swimming lessons, teaching children ‘the Becky way’.
Courses are 60 hours over 9 days. These hours are broken down as follows...
52 guided Learning hours – Tutor led contact hours including:
- 17 hours poolside – minimum of 6 x 30 min lessons, peer assessment and observation work
- 35 hours classroom
- 8 hours reading, work sheets and session plans at home
About your tutor, Kelly
Kelly has been an Swim England tutor since 2007 and has worked in vocational training and workforce development ever since. Her career in swimming spans almost two decades, including varied and diverse roles such as lead teacher at the University of Wales, Swimming Development Officer for Local Authority, Regional and National Roles with Swim England, Commercial, Operational and Quality Lead roles for various training providers. Qualified in tutoring, assessing, quality assurance and learning & Development and committed to developing great people, Kelly brings a range of experience, energy and determination to our provision, enabling our learners to be inspired and have confidence in their new skills and opportunities.