Course Dates04 July, 2022 - 20 July, 2022
Course Dates DetailsOnline Learning between 4 – 20th July + Practical Assessment from August onwards to be arranged with individuals
Course TimesMonday 4th July 5.30pm – 8.30pm Online Lesson
Wednesday 6th July 5.30pm – 8.30pm Online Lesson
Thursday 7th July 5.30pm – 8.30pm Online Lesson
Saturday 9th July 2.00pm - 5.00pm Online Lesson
Monday 11th July 5.30pm – 8.30pm Online Lesson
Wednesday 13th July 5.30pm – 8.30pm Online Lesson
Thursday 14th July 2.00pm – 5.00pm Online Lesson
Saturday 16th July 5.30pm – 8.30pm Online Lesson
Monday 18th July 5.30pm – 8.30pm Online Lesson
Wednesday 20th July 2.00pm – 5.00pm Online Lesson
Please note, these times may be subject to change.
Practical assessments will then be held over 1-3 sessions at one of our partner venues in Manchester, liverpool, Yorkshire or the North East
For an additional fee of £150.00 we can also assess you in your own swim school providing there are suitable abilities and lessons available. Please contact us PRIOR to payment for further information.
- Learners must be 16 years on the first day of the course.
- No formal entry requirements.
- No prior teaching experience is needed.
- Able to swim, even if it’s only a little way!
- Excited about inspiring young children to swim though fun, progressive and safe lessons.
- We recommend you have an enhanced DBS ahead of attending your practical please contact us for information: email@example.com
- Practical assessments will then be held over up to 3 sessions at one of our partner venues in Manchester, Liverpool, Yorkshire or the North East on evenings/weekends.
- We would advise you contact us first on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss locations and options for practical assessments PRIOR to booking.
- For an additional fee of £150.00 We can also assess you in your own swim school with suitable abilities and lessons, please contact us PRIOR to booking for further information.
£995.00 which includes all learning resources and registration costs
What will the course offer
This course provides candidates with the industry standard to work as a fully qualified swimming teacher. The course integrates our high-quality standards in how to deliver fun, progressive and safe lessons and ensure candidates are delivering great swimming lessons, teaching children ‘the Becky way’.
Our virtual lessons provide a mix of guided learning with 10 tutor-led online interactive lessons in zoom, a digital portfolio to complete at your own pace and live assessment time at one of our partner venues.
For all courses there is some home study required over the duration of the course (including reading, online questions and tasks, research & lesson planning) in our virtual academy digital classroom.
Our courses value the highest amount of practical experience possible and spending time on poolside. This includes a real environment observing, assisting and teaching children’s lessons of a full range of abilities from non-swimmers to advanced as well as peer teaching and stroke analysis wherever possible. Assessment takes place over 2-6 sessions, usually at evenings and weekends in our swim schools.
We provide fun, games-based learning in both the virtual and live classroom with limited ‘sit-listen’ as we value learning through interactive, diverse approaches.
Our combined course provides a blended and holistic approach to SEQ Level 1 Assistant and Level 2 Teaching Swimming with a progressive pathway from observing lessons, assisting already qualified Level 2 teachers, team teaching with support from peers into taking responsibility for your own lessons, leading the teaching with and eventually without an assistant. All supervised by our excellent team of SEQ licenced BAT Tutors, they will support, guide and mentor you along your learning journey to be inspired and confident in your new skills and role.
We also have teaching opportunities available in our swim schools and can support your journey through to regular, paid teaching and additional qualifications and training.
As a Swim England Qualifications Approved Training Centre you can find out more about Swim England Qualifications here: https://swimenglandqualifications.com/